Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Father, the Son, and the Sparrow

The young boy asked his father, "Dad, let's go camping this weekend?" The father, busy watching a football game on TV the said, "We'll see. I have a game of golf with our clients. It's important."
When weekend came, sure enough the boy's father left early at first brush of sunlight to head to the golf course. 
Ten years later, the teenager asked his father, "Dad, can you take me to the DMV to get my driver's license?"
"Son, ask your mom. I have investors coming from Europe to entertain. We need that for our business. I'm sure you understand that," the Dad said.
"But Mom is busy with her book club and bake sale," the son replied.
After 30 years, the father now a retiree, paid his son a visit in his top-floor corner office downtown. 
"Son, let's go fishing. I still have the fishing rods you gave me when you got your first pay cheque."
"Dad, I'm sorry but I'm busy. Next time, call my secretary first it's a long way to town. I have a board meeting this weekend and I'm heading to Russia next week for business. Next time, we'll go but call me first."       

The story above needs no explanations. No matter how pressed you are with time, always devote a special moment with your love ones whether it's a brief phone call, a sweet text message or email, a charming postcard, a cute Post-It reminder, and other small but meaningful gestures of affection and generosity,   
"Minor things can become moments of great revelation when encountered for the first time."                                                       
                   - Dame Margot Fonteyn, English premier ballerina 
Here's an interesting video that proves beautiful moments shared with love ones can really change a life, a person's future, and relationships:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Royal Wedding - Lifetime Shop